The Taylor Church Adult Sunday School class meets in the church library from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. before the regular service, and it is definitely worth getting up for. Members use a workbook to guide them through a variety of topics that invite them to establish a deeper relationship with Christ. There is also some additional reading material included within these workbooks, with every message substantiated by the Bible.
There are many benefits of attending Taylor Church’s Sunday School, which are slightly different from the obvious benefits of attending Sunday Service.
Here are just a few of them:
Benefits of Attending Sunday School
- Gaining aDeeperPerspective of the Bible: Your teacher will have a slightly different approach to the material covered by the Pastor, because Sunday School has a different purpose than the weekly sermon. This additional approach will enable you to consider different aspects of the material and make connections that you may not otherwise make.
- OpportunitiestoDiscuss and Share: Sunday School is an environment where members can share their ideas and experiences within a small, intimate group setting. If you are the type of person who really enjoys a more active level of participation, this will be a great experience for you.
- SpiritualNetworking:You just never know what your spiritual needs are going to be. Sometimes you may not even be aware of what your spiritual gifts are, until you realize you are looking at someone who needs what you can do. Getting out there and getting to know people is a great way to discover more about yourself, and simply put yourself in a position to more fully participate in the lives of others. That’s what it’s all about.
- DeepeningChurchFriendships. It’s great to greet everyone once a week, but relationships are deepened when we see each other in slightly different settings that involve more communication with one another. Sunday School is a fertile ground where budding friendships turn to fully-blossomed bonds that can last a lifetime. It’s simply a great way to get to know people!
- EmotionalSupport:Being a member of a small, intimate group will provide you with a safe emotional environment to unburden yourself and to accept the help and support that God requires us to give to one another. Your brothers and sisters in Christ will welcome you because they know what it means to need someone to lean on, and you can always count on them to pray for you and support you when you need it most.
- A sense ofBelonging.We all need to belong. Human beings are wired to seek the companionship of groups of people. Why not make sure that your groups are the type that really care about your wellbeing and growth? When you belong to a tight-knit spiritual community, and participate in activities like Sunday School, you can have faith that you belong to something that is good for you.
- ExperiencingDifferentPerspectives: The discussions that you will have in your Sunday School class will not only allow you to express your thoughts, but it will allow you to hear what others think as well, and what they are going through. Maybe they’ve thought of approaches to life’s challenges that you haven’t. Either way, sharing is a wonderful thing to do with your friends at church and gaining new perspectives is beneficial both within the group and outside of the church setting.
Please come out and join us for Sunday School this week!